Hypnosis for Adults and Teens: Anxiety & panic Depression Sleep Eating Patterns Anger management Pain and Symptom Management Pre & Post Surgery Support Emotional resilience Forgiveness & healing Behavioral changes
Hypnosis for Children: Sleep Concerns Bed wetting Nail biting or other similar habits Focus Anxiety Confidence Study Habits and memory
About Hypnosis - It is a measurable state of mind (like at a sleep clinic). Its shifting from faster brain activity to allowing oneself to have slower activity such as daydreaming, imagining things, remembering, watching a movie or being absorbed in a book. This state is accessing the subconscious. You are adding and reprocessing information from this storage place.
- In-person appointments and recordings are both about engaging your imagination or memory, which is a gentle and creative way to access the subconscious.
- Every single thought has its own electrical impulse and release of chemicals (neurotransmitters). People have physical responses, such as blushing, with just a thought. A persons shoulders can tighten up with stressful thinking, or a person can feel ill thinking about certain things. Alternatively, you can engagehealing process’s with thinking too!
- Memories significantly influence our behavior. All memories are linked by emotion. When you listen to recordings that shift your emotions about certain events, people, or patterns, this actually can create subtle shifts in your perceptions of past events (memories) which will begin to create subtle to more obvious changes in your behavior.
- Most folks have some stress or anxiety which ramps up their nervous system. It’s very difficult to make certain changes in your behavior when your nervous system is in a heightened state, partly because those changes are simply not a priority to your brain when it's in a state of fight or flight. With reducing anxiety, your brain is given permission and the safety to create other changes. Hypnosis sessions and recordings support that process in lowering anxiety.
- Taking the time for hypnosis, meditation, guided-imagery or listening to music balances your nervous system. This is really, really important for healing all of the major systems in the body. This is valuable for preventing illness and managing symptoms.
Recordings - Hypnosis recordings are very similar to guided-imagery, guided-visualization or even a choose-your-own-adventure. There is suggested work to do, pauses to do that work, and at the end I bring you back.
- While listening to hypnosis or guided meditations, you might hear everything else going on around you, this is normal.
- Please repeat listening to them. You can fall asleep or go to sleep the second time you listen to a recording. (We hear in our sleep all the time. That's why you hear your alarm clock).
- Be gentle with yourself. There is not a proper or correct way to imagine. Allow whatever pictures to form, allow yourself to be curious. There might not be pictures, it might be all sound or just colors or feelings or just a knowing. If it helps, rather than imagine, try remembering instead. You can remember what an apple looks like. This is the same part of your brain as imagination.
Expectations of Hypnosis: - The sessions and recordings have wording that encourages healthy change through subtle and direct suggestion. Please anticipate that some of the changes will be more subtle while others more obvious over a given period of time. You are re-patterning neural pathways through changing thought that changes which neurons [brain cells] send impulses. A lot of thoughts, memories, feelings and behaviors are connected, so I encourage you to be curious and open to the changes.
- Phone follow-ups are reallyimportant. It is booked about two weeks after your first appointment or recording that you receive.
- Your brain is a supercomputer and your self-talk is the program it will run. Hypnosis alters the self-talk, along with the memories/emotions that are fueling the self-talk. Please speak kindly to yourself, or let me know what sort of self-talk might need more support in changing.
How Many Sessions? This depends on the individual, concern, other support the individual has and participation in home-care. Please contact for more information and I can give you more details.
Continuous Care Continuous Care is about health-care that provides support & assistance to clients regularly in-between their appointments. This ensures greater emotional and mental comfort while healing, encouragement for those with limited support, and a better opportunity to assess and adjust the care plan. This model of care is a cornerstone to the services that I provide all of my clients.
In-Person Sessions Initial Intake and Appointment - In-Person Hypnosis session (aprox. 90min) - The day after your appointment you receive audio-files with information very specific to your needs, along with your homework. - About a week after your appointment you'll receive a very personalized Mp3 with new info about your concern. This is usually 20-25min. - Follow-up by phone (about 15-25min) a week after Mp3 is sent. This is to check in with the work you are doing, emotions you might be experiencing, questions you might have. $165.00
Regular Hypnosis Appointment - In-person Hypnosis session (60min) - The day after your appointment you receive audio-files with information very specific to your needs, along with your homework. - About a week after your appointment you'll receive a very personalized Mp3 with new info about your concern. This is usually 20-25min. - Follow-up by phone (about 15-25min) a week after Mp3 is sent. This is to check in with the work you are doing, emotions you might be experiencing, questions you might have. $145.00
Phone and Online Clients - Online intake followed by phone or email afterwards to clarify goals - 1st Personalized Hypnosis Mp3 - 2nd Personalized Hypnosis Mp3 - follow-up either by phone or email a week after 2nd Mp3 is sent $125.00
- 3rd Personalized Hypnosis Mp3 - 4th Personalized Hypnosis Mp3 - follow-up either by phone or email a week after 4th Mp3 is sent $115.00
* Some extended health-care plans cover clinical hypnosis * The Mp3 is an audio-recording and it is not a recording of your appointment. They include some material from your hypnosis session and new information. They are very specific to you, your concerns and what you are changing. They stand-in as an appointment and give you the option of listening repeated times.
Clinical Hypnosisis offered at: Optimal Health 18685 Leslie Street, Sharon, ON, L0G 1V0
Optimal Health offers: Osteopathy, Massage Therapy, Clinical Hypnosis, Reiki & Energy Healing.